Hilary is certainly becoming a cornerstone of the NWK Community. Always someone who helps to push others to become better and to enjoy their training. At times she likes to doubt her own ability, her own strength and lets the demons get inside of her head. However, we know that it comes from a place of wanting to be better every day.
Hilary is a joy to teach, she likes to bring in treats for the people, she likes to go on coffee runs and also just a good person to talk to during the class! Hilary displays being a coachable athlete after many conversations about her training and developing her fitness. She happily takes a bit more extra time to get things right and to work on progressions as they go!
Keep up the good work Hilary! You got this!
1. When and how did you get started with us?
Back in May 2016 I stumbled onto YouTube videos of super strong people, I was going through something at the time and thought that after taking my first holiday on my own I would take the opportunity to try out the intro course, I was hooked straight away. The first session was the hardest as I was scared but there were enough people there that were the same and making friends was easy.
2. Favourite workout/least favourite workout? Favourite work out?
Least favourite: Fran!
3. What are your hobbies? (other than CrossFit!)
Doughnuts, gigs and films.
4. What does a day in the life of Hilary look like?
Typical Monday morning; wake up at 5:30, shower, eat, drive to Dartford, get a train to central London, deal with non-tech people all day, stare at Instagram, YouTube for an hour, maybe more on some days, leave at 5 on the dot, go straight to CrossFit, get home at 8:30 or in reality after chatting with everyone at the gym get home at 9, eat crap after being good the whole day, stare at Instagram until 10:30/ until I’m bored and then try to sleep!
5. What’s your favourite song right now?
Ghost Voices by Virtual Self.
6. What’s your favourite thing about NWK?
The community! People from my class are now best friends – I would have never met them if I didn’t come to CrossFit.
7. You have an interest in coaching others, why is that?
I enjoy being positive for other people and encouraging others, I’m good at that and I feel like it would be rewarding.
8. What’s your dream holiday destination and why?
Toronto with my sister – the city is epic and the food was amazing and I only had one argument with my sister.
9. What’s your favourite CrossFit Girls workout?
10. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items would you want to have with you?
My family and friends and something to write with.
11. What drives you to be better every day and week?
I am seeing improvements in my strength and I want to be stronger then I was when I was 16! I want to make every training day count even if I feel not up to it!